Saturday, April 24, 2010

Allergies and Benadryl


So the last couple of weeks have been brutal for my allergies. And up until a couple of days ago, I just dealt with it.
Watched what I ate, tried to keep hydrated and waited for rain.

But my wife convinced me to take some benadryl before bed to help me sleep.
I have and it's been great, however... my dreams are often, clear and just plain bizarre.

Case in point, last night I had a very brutal nightmare. I say brutal because it involved the death of my son. I didn't see it(in the dream), but as dreams go, I knew it.

I was in another room, I heard shots(which in real world terms-turns out to be thunder) ran into the room he was and in, found a gun and knew he had shot himself. The sheer amount of grief I felt is still felt as I write this, and he's sitting on the couch right now playing the Wii. Trying to figure out the meaning behind it or if it's just some perverse worry I have about him. I don't even own a hand gun and my ammunition for my rifles are locked up.
But the vividness of my dreams, and the fact that I've been remembering them because of the benadryl makes me think that I'm not sleeping well prior to taking this.
Not saying I want to continue taking this beyond the help with allergies, but man... the trade off: good sleep vs. bizarro dreams.

Anywho... it's Saturday(yahoo) and we've got a ultra-non-planned day. Should be good, at least better than my dreams.

No comments: