Friday, January 14, 2011

A new year, and yet again... a new attempt

Like many bloggers, and people in general this time of year, I'm restarting my blog.
Mostly so I can post on the interwebz, and get my thoughts out. Not that I don't on a regular basis, because I tend to lurk and post on rpg.net so getting my opinion out is something I do often...

I plan to post at least once a week, more often if I get a chance.



I'm currently working on upping my Game Master skills. I'm trying to reinvent the way I approach my games. Due to time restraints and real-world conflicts, I've been running a a campaign using a lot of published adventures which I've tied to my home game. Mostly with good success, but from my point of view I'm still lacking. I've got a straw man plot that I'm trying to reinforce as we further our game along.

So I'm trying to increase my skills. I've started rethinking how I do things and really start practicing more of things I preach. "Say yes or roll dice".



I'm running a 4th Edition DnD game at the moment. And it's been the longest game I've run in quite sometime. Alittle over 2 years. Wow... I've been good about keeping my GM-ADD under control, but it's starting to buckle. With such great games as the Dresden Files, Legends of Anglerre, Strands of Fate, Gamma World 4e, Bash UE, Icons, Shadow, Sword and Spell, Legend of the Five Rings 4e, and waaaay too many more to list all calling to me to run. Ugh.

Anywho... I can run those. But it all works the same, I gotta bring my game up. I gotta take my GM skills to the next level.

And I will.

No comments: